Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hopefully Just More...Uh...Wordplay LMAO: Nicki Minaj "Yes, I'm Better Than Most Male Rappers!"

Nicki Minaj chopped it up with MTV recently and spoke about whether or not she feels pressure to perform at her highest given that she is now her own personal brand and has to represent it properly at all times. She stated that she felt more pressure while working on her second album fearing that she wouldn't be able to top her first, and that she focuses more on being lyrically at her best, which she considers to be better than most male rappers.

"I care less about the acceptance and more about me being the lyrical, ill b**ch that I am. Knowing that I am lyrically better than most of the male rappers out there - yes I'm going to say it. I don't get the credit that I deserve.

"Men run the hip-hop game, lets be honest. They want to rap stuff and say it, they're not going to recite a female. They just feel funny, ya know? And it is what it is. But I think that when I look at my verses and the word-play and the metaphors and all that stuff, I've put in my work lyrically. And it's like people act like it doesn't exist.

"Before I used to get upset about it but now I don't. It drives me. I'm going to keep on giving my fans what they expect from me - greatness."

No comments:

Post a Comment