Saturday, August 3, 2013

Well Damn!: T.I. Says Atlantic Records Didn't Like His Changed Rap Persona

Atlanta rapper T.I. went through some rough patches in his life during the mid-2000s, but since those troubles with the law, he's been a seemingly different man. His last two albums have documented more of his personal transformation and change, as opposed to the pimpin' and thuggin' to be found on his previous works.

In a recent interview with XXL Magazine, T.I. says Atlantic Records has not been supportive of his attempt to his clean his life up.

"Nah, Atlantic Records hated," said Tip. "Labels love hardcore T.I. That keeps the cash register ringing. They don't want me to go to prison and caught though. They want me to be the Teflon Don, and I can't blame them. That shit's sexy. But I'm older, man. I'm wiser, I'm calmer, I'm better, stronger. I'm ready for whatever tomorrow got coming."

No comments:

Post a Comment